Status is excited to announce its recent membership with the Midlands Aerospace Alliance. This news underpins the company’s commitment to further develop its specialist aerospace division and continue its growth within the sector.
What is the MAA?
The MAA was established in 2003 by founding steering members Rolls-Royce, Advantage West Midlands, Dunlop (now Meggitt), the East Midlands Development Agency and Goodrich (now split between Rolls-Royce (Control Systems) and Collins aerospace).
The MAA’s mission is to support and represent aerospace companies within the Midlands - one of the world’s largest aerospace hubs and home to over 25% of the total UK aerospace industry. In 2005, the MAA became a non-profit limited company and started inviting aerospace companies to join the alliance as members.
Today there are over 300 members; around 60% of whom are involved in the manufacture of ‘flying parts’ and the remaining 40% either involved in the manufacture of equipment for design, testing and manufacturing or in providing specialist aerospace services - like Status.
Benefits of our membership
There are a number of key benefits to our new MAA membership and each of them are going to help us drive further growth within the sector. Let’s take a closer look at some of the main benefits:
- Boosted visibility within the sector
Membership with the Midlands Aerospace Alliance further increases Status’ visibility within the aerospace sector, with a focus on our home region. We now join our strategic partners Hexagon MI within the MAA’s prestigious online directory. We also plan to feature on the website and within the pages of its Midlands Aerospace Magazine. In addition, Status’ capabilities will now be promoted alongside fellow members at the MAA’s high profile stand at both the Farnborough and Paris air shows each year.
- Increased knowledge
Status already possesses a wealth of knowledge within the aerospace sector due to existing relationships and experience working within it. However, we’ll now also have access to a wealth of additional news and market intelligence sources thanks to the Midlands Aerospace Magazine, MAA member newsletter, members-only meetings and special events held throughout the year.
- Networking opportunities
MAA membership provides the Status team with lots of fantastic opportunities for networking with fellow aerospace professionals at various exclusive member meetings and events.
- Expertise and advice
As a member, the MAA team will also be on hand to assist Status with any specific queries, as well as supporting us with identifying new market opportunities and potential development partners.
- Policy and funding lobbying
Leveraging partnerships with other aerospace clusters and through its own national body ADS, the MAA is very active in raising the profile of the industry and lobbying government through direct meetings with government ministers, Members of Parliament and other influential bodies. Bringing about positive change within the sector directly benefits Status and all fellow members.
- Funding support
As MAA members, Status will be better placed to take advantage of funding opportunities. The alliance works closely with both the Department for International Trade and Innovate UK, advising members and helping with funding applications.
Take a closer look:
As a full-service metrology business, Status not only supplies new and refurbished CMM’s and industry-leading software; we are also able to deliver contract measurement services, provide maintenance and service support, as well as specialist training solutions. As aerospace experts Status draws on years of specialist experience with high profile success stories across the supply chain.
If you are working within the aerospace sector and looking for new and innovative ways to increase productivity, save money and drive profitability, then we’d like to invite you to take a closer look at Status.